Sunday, January 18, 2015

Bolognese, Tuna Cakes over Winter Break

Been on vacation for three weeks now, haven't been doing so much. Hanging with good people, covering basketball games for school. I want to read but, how do people do that? Been low on money, so mostly just conserving my dollars and eating buffalo rollers from 7-11, which, you may not believe. are delicious. Tell me one food that has a better buffalo flavor- I guarantee you can't.

Uhmm I don't really feel like writing this all out anymore, so this will relatively just turn into a recollection of meals I've cooked. No more describing move to move of the recipe and procedures.

A couple weeks back my brother and I made a bolognese atop shell pasta. Twas' scrumptious. We used a classic mirepoix- shaved carrot, sliced celery and onion. Three different chopped meats: beef, pork and lamb. My memory is a little foggy with the rest... I think there's definitely butter and milk involved, also, undoubtedly, basil, but my bro accidentally got cilantro- it was in the basil section so not his fault- but it still tasted fine after cooking in the mixture basically the whole time. We let it cook for about 45 minutes. Tomato puree and chicken stock as well. Don't really remember how long. Oh well, it was great.


Then, about a week or so ago, with my pal Dylan, I cooked tuna cakes. Go ahead and watch this video, courtesy of the man Gordon Ramsay.


I didn't make the sauce like he did. Instead, I picked up arugala salad, some plum tomatoes (Dylan cooked them just right) and some olive oil and vinegar salad dressing. The flavors of the salad/salad dressing paired perfectly with the tuna cakes. 



LIME ! I love lime, recently. It works well with Qdoba, which, by the way, is better than Chipotle and Moe's. If you've never been there- its basically the cool in between of the two other fast-casual mexican joints. Free guacamole with your meal, too. Anyway, lime. I had cold sweats and jitters one night while going to bed because I was craving lime. Kinda weird right? The taste was stuck to my tastebuds because I had been drinking a gallon of water that I added lime and sugar to the entire day. Good stuff. 



No comments:

Post a Comment